Sport Clips is one of the most respected and fastest growing retail hair chains in the United States. Recognized in publications as one of the top franchise systems operating today, Sport Clips continues to experience success through our belief that our Team Members are our greatest asset. In fact, our team oriented, friendly, fast paced (high-energy) culture was recently voted one of the "Top Workplaces of Austin". Founded by Gordon Logan in Georgetown, TX, the support center now operates a franchise system of over 1,700 stores in the United States & Canada and we continue to experience rapid growth through our success.
At SportClips, it is our mission to create a CHAMPIONSHIP haircut experience for men and boys in an exciting sports environment! When you become a member of the Sport Clips Team, you will be joining people who live by 3 simple values: Do What’s Right, Do Your Best, and Treat Others The Way They Want To Be Treated. These are not just words to us. These core values have created and continue to sustain an amazing work environment that each Team Member is committed to maintaining.
The Director of Franchise Compliance and Administration’s primary responsibility is to ensure compliance of the Franchise Agreement within the Sport Clips system. Extensive knowledge of the franchise industry is critical in order to evaluate, improve, and execute all aspects of franchisee administration and compliance requirements defined by Sport Clips agreements and policies. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to grow within a nationally recognized and growing brand.
This position will be responsible for maintaining and updating the Franchise Disclosure Document and Area Director Franchise Disclosure Document.
This position will report directly to the Chief Development Officer and will supervise the Manager of Franchise Administration and the Franchise Administration Specialist.
The Director of Franchise Administration and Compliance will be expected to consistently deliver top outcomes for the following areas:
- 1) FDD Completion - Complete the FDD with review by Executive Team and Counsel by required dates.
- 2) Compliance – Ensure system wide compliance including but not limited to upgrades, insurance requirements, annual national meeting attendance by Team Leader and manager and any other compliance issues. Take appropriate action to enforcement compliance requirements.
- 3) Transfers – Manage the enterprise system transfer process. This includes gathering information on the proposed purchase, submitting to Leadership Team for approval/right of first refusal and ensuring completion/submission of all required documents for purchase/sale. Coordinate with both buyer and seller to ensure a smooth transfer of ownership. Prepare requests for franchise agreements and send to proper Team Member, ensuring timely signing.
- 4) Renewals – Manage the system wide franchise renewal process. Coordinate with Operations and Finance to gain approval for renewal and/or required action items in a timely manner. Validate existing information and prepare new franchise agreements, ensuring timely signing/completion.
- 5) Key Elements Reports – Ensure completion and accuracy of all administrative and compliance reports.
- 6) Contracts – Draft contracts with the guidance of templates. Discern when contract templates need revision due to relevant circumstances. Personally review prior to signature.
- 7) Critical Date Tracking – Associated with Franchise Agreements and Area Developer Agreements including renewals.
- 8) Fee Collection – Tracking and collection of franchise related fees.
- Prior experience managing a small team with a commitment to excellence and execution of goals.
- 8 years of experience with business transactional/compliance and FDD experience, including various state specific franchise requirements, with a large Franchise organization.
- Demonstrated experience with drafting contracts and composing Notices of Default and Notices of Termination w/guidance of templates and in accordance with state laws.
- Ability to communicate policies and procedures to Franchisees and handling conflict while managing their expectations in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to drive response time by Franchisees and Area Developers to increase efficiency.
- Proficiency in Excel is a must. Must have demonstrated experience using Excel for creating, compiling, analyzing and manipulating data.
- Experience working as a paralegal preferred, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sport Clips is one of the most respected and fastest-growing hair care franchises in the United States. Recognized by Entrepreneur as one of the Top 10 ”Fastest-Growing Franchises” and FORBES as a “Top Ten Best Franchise” to buy for its investment category, Sport Clips continues to experience success through our belief that our Team Members are our greatest asset. Founded by Gordon Logan in 1993, Sport Clips now operates a franchise system of more than 1,700 stores in the United States and Canada – and counting!
At Sport Clips, it is our mission to create a championship haircut experience for men and boys in an exciting sports environment! When you become a member of the Sport Clips Team, you will be joining people who live by three simple values, which were inspired by the same core values famed football coach, Lou Holtz, used to build championship football teams: "Do Your Best. Do What's Right. Treat Others the Way They Want to Be Treated.” Whether it’s through the many important causes Sport Clips stores support, or our program established to help team members in need, there are many ways you’ll see values in action at Sport Clips! Join us to see why, at Sport Clips… It’s Good to be a Team Member!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)