The Accounting Manager will work in a dynamic environment at the Company’s headquarters in Georgetown, Texas. This job offers the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a rapidly-growing, privately held company that is a Franchisor of over 1,800 retail locations.
The Accounting Manager will assist in driving the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process, as well as be a key contributor to financial reporting. This person will be responsible for the review of journal entries and account reconciliations, provide critical analysis of changes in account balances and play a critical role in supporting the Controller. This person will help execute the vision for the accounting department, assist in project implementations as needed and support the year-end audit. This individual will be highly technical and demonstrate the ability to identify key accounting issues and apply the correct treatment under US GAAP. They will also have great analytical and critical thinking skills, and ability to bring creative solutions to complex problems as they arise. This position will supervise a team of 4-5 accountants and the Senior Accountant and be expected to actively mentor and develop their skill sets. This individual will demonstrate problem-solving skills, be extremely diligent, organized, motivated, demonstrate the ability to interact well with junior staff and senior management and have great communication skills.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Help drive the close and the financial reporting process
- Assist with the financial audit process
- Assist with the company’s adoption of new lease and revenue standards
- Prepare and review journal entries and ensure that transactions are posted correctly
- Review B/S recs for key account balances to ensure accuracy
- Be a point person for discussions about complex accounting issues as they arise
- Review key contracts and complex arrangements to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Assist in the development of effective and efficient accrual methodologies for key accounts
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting tools and financial reporting systems
- Provide analysis of key p/l and balance sheet accounts to determine overall reasonableness of account balances
- Provide support to the finance organization for budgeting and forecasting
- Help create efficiencies in the accounting and reporting process
- Mentor, train and develop accounting staff in ways that are consistent with the vision of the Accounting organization and the Company at large
- Consolidate multiple subsidiaries, including international subs
- Balance Inter-company accounts, prepare detailed reconciliations of all inter-company balances to ensure Inter-company accounts are properly eliminated
- Assist the Controller with the integration of acquired companies as well as the implementation of financial reporting tools and systems designed to improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting, finance and financial reporting functions
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- EXPERIENCE: 4-7 years of progressive accounting experience. This person will also have a minimum of 2 years of management experience.
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Experience working with Great Plains Dynamics (preferably) or other fully-integrated ERP systems
- Exceptional understanding of US GAAP, including new leasing and revenue standards
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability and willingness to develop and train staff with experience ranging from 0-5 years
- Strong mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized and extremely detail oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Extremely adaptable to fluctuating priorities and comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Strong writing skills, experience documenting policies and procedures
- Systems implementation experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sport Clips is one of the most respected and fastest-growing hair care franchises in the United States. Recognized by Entrepreneur as one of the Top 10 ”Fastest-Growing Franchises” and FORBES as a “Top Ten Best Franchise” to buy for its investment category, Sport Clips continues to experience success through our belief that our Team Members are our greatest asset. Founded by Gordon Logan in 1993, Sport Clips now operates a franchise system of more than 1,700 stores in the United States and Canada – and counting!
At Sport Clips, it is our mission to create a championship haircut experience for men and boys in an exciting sports environment! When you become a member of the Sport Clips Team, you will be joining people who live by three simple values, which were inspired by the same core values famed football coach, Lou Holtz, used to build championship football teams: "Do Your Best. Do What's Right. Treat Others the Way They Want to Be Treated.” Whether it’s through the many important causes Sport Clips stores support, or our program established to help team members in need, there are many ways you’ll see values in action at Sport Clips! Join us to see why, at Sport Clips… It’s Good to be a Team Member!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)