The focus of this role is to evolve reporting and analysis capabilities in order to drive business growth and transformation by:
- streamlining existing manual reporting and helping to implement Business Intelligence tools
- creating business impacting modeling and value-added analysis
- forecasting key operational metrics such as sales and / or labor expense consistent with traditional Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) roles
This position is not virtual and is located in Georgetown, TX.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design & build effective Key Business Indicator (KBI) and operational reporting to support Sport Clips leadership and teams throughout the Support Center.
- o Build the new reports by determining appropriate data sources, cleansing data as needed, and building Excel-based reporting files. Document reporting processes and data sources.
- o On an ongoing basis, prepare the reports and identify key themes.
- o Streamline existing data & reporting processes to decrease turnaround times and improve timeliness of reporting.
- Support development of data warehouse / business intelligence tools and update models and reports to leverage the new functionality.
- Leverage data and a deep understanding of the business to build models, perform robust quantitative analysis, and provide insightful observations in order to support fact-based decision making and development of action plans.
- o Examples of analysis this role may be responsible for include: projecting sales / operational metrics, developing store compensation plans, or labor management.
- Mentor other Team Members to develop their model building & analysis skills.
- Ad hoc reporting, analysis, and other duties as assigned. May include:
- o redesign of Excel-based tools supporting operational processes such as scheduling, etc.
- o assisting other Support Center teams
- Exceptional quantitative analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excel “wizard” with demonstrated experience building complex Excel models from scratch
- o Ability to automate / mechanize Excel files using Visual Basic preferred
- o Experience with Power Pivots a plus
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally with business partners at all levels while building strong relationships
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts, insights, and / or results in an audience appropriate manner
- Track record of influencing business decisions through forecasting, modeling and data driven analysis
- Experience translating and interpreting operational and financial data sources, trends and patterns
- Demonstrated collaborative work style and continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Active listening skills to ensure reporting & analysis meet business needs
- Willing and able to work 45 – 50 hours / week
- 5 - 7 years of work experience, multi-unit operations (retail, hospitality, etc.) or manufacturing experience preferred. Some FP&A-related experience preferred but not required.
- B.S. in an analytical field
Physical Demands: Position requires moderate activity such as occasional lifting and bending, sitting, standing and remaining in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sport Clips is one of the most respected and fastest-growing hair care franchises in the United States. Recognized by Entrepreneur as one of the Top 10 ”Fastest-Growing Franchises” and FORBES as a “Top Ten Best Franchise” to buy for its investment category, Sport Clips continues to experience success through our belief that our Team Members are our greatest asset. Founded by Gordon Logan in 1993, Sport Clips now operates a franchise system of more than 1,700 stores in the United States and Canada – and counting!
At Sport Clips, it is our mission to create a championship haircut experience for men and boys in an exciting sports environment! When you become a member of the Sport Clips Team, you will be joining people who live by three simple values, which were inspired by the same core values famed football coach, Lou Holtz, used to build championship football teams: "Do Your Best. Do What's Right. Treat Others the Way They Want to Be Treated.” Whether it’s through the many important causes Sport Clips stores support, or our program established to help team members in need, there are many ways you’ll see values in action at Sport Clips! Join us to see why, at Sport Clips… It’s Good to be a Team Member!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)